I wonder if he can hit the cutoff man?
What an awesome story: Pitcher has the worst thing that can happen to him (lost strike zone), goes as far down in the minors as a player can go, learns to switch roles and becomes a power hitter (led PCL with 32 HRs this year), gets the call to the majors because Spezio has to go to substance abuse, and blasts a 3-run bomb, leading the Cards over the Padres tonight. This story should serve as the inspiration to any athlete. Don't give up. Don't ever give up. Whatta story!
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamece...0070809_SD@STL
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
I wonder if he can hit the cutoff man?
He's the Rube Baker of pitchers.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Ankiel was a STUD on the mound until his bout with wildness.
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]
I remember watching him pitch twice when he got sent down to Johnson City. The rookie league kids could not touch him. He didn't have any problems with wildness the two games I watched him pitch then. He just couldn't seem to harness it all back as he moved back through the system.
Seems I recall him striking out like 15 in one 7 inning outing. I still have the scorecards of his games at my house somewhere.
His catcher in those games was Yadier Molina!
I hadn't heard anything about him lately and thought he was out of baseball. Never thought he would come back as a power hitter.
He's hit homeruns today so far, giving him 3 now since being called up.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
Bookmarks